Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Said Is Dead

Description:
What is my reading goal? My reading goal is Expand Vocabulary.  Every Monday morning I would book myself in for two Expanding Vocabulary work shops. One is a yellow and one is orange. In Expanding Vocabulary when we come across a word we don't know we would use one of our success criteria. We also used this context clues bookmark.

Success Criteria:
Reread the text to understand unknown words.
Read on to figure out what a word means.
Try to look for the base or root word inside it. Such as Reread. Read is the root word.
Compare and contrasts.
Synonyms.






























Big Idea:
 In class we have a Tic-Tac-Toe board. A Tic-Tac-Toe board is a board with a whole bunch of activities based on a goal, two are green and the rest are plain white. The green ones are priorities and the white ones are ones were you can chose what to do. You have to do both greens and one white. This week we only had to do a white activity. The activity I was doing was said is dead. Said is dead is when you find other words instead of said. This activity can help me with my writing because I always use said. But now I found other words I can use them to.

Feedback/Feedforward:
You have done a great job in thinking of those words. Next time you could maybe put them in a sentences so the person looking at your post can understand how to put them in a sentences. Georgia :)

Evaluation: 
I think I did a good job on finding these different words instead of said. I think I could find I bit more words because there weren't that many. And if I had to do this again I would make the background a lighter coulor and the words dark coulors so it is easy to see the words.







1 comment:

  1. Thanks Taylor, I really appreciate your hard work in Literacy Time. This post is exactly what we asked for. I think you did a great job of your 'Said is Dead' poster, it could be printed and stuck on the wall and I hope you think of these during your next writing session.

    ReplyDelete