Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Kapahaka

Description: 
Every monday afternoon some of the students at school like to do kapa haka. Kapahaka is where we do dancing and singing in maori. Sometimes most of the Kapahaka kids do the haka to welcome the new teachers or children to our school.



Big Idea:

At kapahaka I enjoy...
the singing and dancing to all of the songs. And being in competitions.


I am most proud of…
being apart of Kapahaka because i learn more maori and enjoy it.


I find pronouncing the words challenging because…
some words are challenging and are long words.


I am managing this challenge by….
practicing every night and asking help from Brooke.

A personal goal for me is…
to talk about what we are good at and what we could improve on when we are in circle.

Our school wide focus this term has been around showing excellence. I show this at kapahaka by...

listening to Rosie, Ebony and Nic so i know what to do.

Feedback/Feedforward: Great job Taylor! I think you could work on your pronunciation. You are really good at singing the words though. Ana

1 comment:

  1. Taylor, it is great to hear that you enjoy learning more Maori and the songs. I love that about being from NZ that we have another language besides English. Next time think about adding more depth to your responses like in your other posts.

    ReplyDelete