Thursday, June 11, 2015

Math Portfolio Sample

Description:
This term for maths we have been using different strategies to solve problems. We are learning to use the best strategy for each problem and how to use that strategy. The strategies rounding and compensating, equal addition, place value partioning, reversibility. We were given a peice of paper with 4 questions on it. We had to answer the questions by picking and object and using the prices. We also had to use one of t he strategys above. I used reversibility in most of them.














Big Idea:
We were learning different strategies. We learnt them in our math groups. In my poster I have used equal addition maybe even place value portioning, reversibility. But I didn't know how to use rounding and compensating.


Feedback/Feedforward:
I think it's really good because it's neat. Next time I think you should use a different strategy. Eli

Evaluation:
I think I did a good on using reversibility. But I used reversibility in most of my working out. So next time I think I could use a different strategy then reversibility. Like rounding and compensating equal addition and a faster strategy.


1 comment:

  1. What a great evaluation Taylor. Stage 6 is all about knowing the best strategy to use - we are learning to use the most efficient strategy - to do this we need to look at the relationship between the numbers. This will take lots of practising to get sorted! Yay - bring it on!

    ReplyDelete