Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Free Verse Poetry

Description:
In Troys writing group we are using poetry to write. This week we have been using free verse poetry. Free verse poetry is when there is no rules what so ever, it doesn't have to rhyme. We could write about any experience we had. So can you guess what I wrote about.

I was shaking. 
Slowly rising up, 
I felt nothing but the air. 
I couldn't hear anything but my family talking about the ride.
The ride was tall like a giraffe. 
Still going up, up, up.
We stopped. 
I could see all of Auckland. 
was waiting for a while. 
Finally. Zoom! 
Long drop 
Down, down, down. 
What a jaw drop. 
Let's go again.

Evaluation:
1) Reflect on the links to senses you used: When I wrote this poem I wasn't thinking about adding the five senses into my poem. But when I finished the poem I remembered to add the senses. But I could only add feel, see and hear because we can't smell anything unless someone farted and we arn't allowed food on the rides, so we can't taste anything.

2) Reflect on the lanagage features you used: The lanagage features I have used was alliteration and similes.

3) Reflect on what you could improve on next time: Next time I think I could use more lanagage features like personification etc. but I think I did a good job on describing my experience. I think I could add more senses and write about a poem that has more senses in.

No comments:

Post a Comment